Pistoia is a Tuscan city very close to our vacation homes, and it is a real gem mistakenly underestimated by many tourists.
If you want to make a day trip of it, here is what you absolutely cannot miss:
- The Cathedral of San Zeno, with the silver altar inside that a young Filippo Brunelleschi also worked on
- The Baptistery of San Giovanni in corte
- The Pieve di Sant'Andrea, with the pulpit made by Giovanni Pisano
- The Dome of Basilica of the Madonna dell'Umiltà
- The Tower of Catilina, whose name derives from the legend that the Roman general's tomb is on the very street where the tower is located.
Search on our website for the best house to stay in this wonderful part of Tuscany.